Welcome to my crafty blog... a "garden" of colourful cards, quilting, sewing projects, knitting...and what ever else happens along the way!!


Saturday, March 18, 2017

Worldwide Quilting Day - Hearts

March 18th, 2017 is  
Worldwide Quilting Day
so it is the perfect time to share a
cozy flannelette quilt I made 
for my granddaughter, who 
was born this past November. 
I had a variety of fabrics in my stash, 
so used them for this snuggly quilt.

My inspiration came from the patterned fabric - 
pink, yellow, blue and glittery white hearts 
printed onto a  light blue background. 
I chose white, pink and yellow fabrics to 
coordinate with the print.The white squares 
were machine appliqued with a pink heart 
using a blanket stitch.

The back of the quilt was created by piecing 
yellow strips of fabric on either side of a pink 
flannelette panel. I machine quilted all the 
layers together by stitching on either side 
of the seamed squares.



Yellow and  pink borders were added to the 
front of the quilt before machine quilting. 
A yellow binding was added to the edges 
of the finished quilt.

 Wishing you a warm and cozy week-end!

Thanks for visiting today.
Karen C..

2 comments:

jw said...

What a sweet quilt. You do beautiful work!

Kara Lynne said...

Your quilt looks so cozy! What an amazing gift!