Welcome to my crafty blog... a "garden" of colourful cards, quilting, sewing projects, knitting...and what ever else happens along the way!!


Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Papertrey Ink February 2015 Blog Hop

Blog-hop-logo

When I saw the inspiration picture for this blog hop, 
I knew I had to find some time to play along!! 
(You can see all of the details here.)
Blog Hop Inspiration

My husband and I are heading out this morning for a trip to visit my youngest son and his fiance in Vancouver and then on to a ten day trip to Hawaii. We're so looking forward to some warm days and sunny skies!!
My husband was packing and I was in my craft room making this card!


I started with a piece of water colour paper and LOTS of different colours of ink pads to create the background piece. I smooshed various inks onto an acrylic block, added some water and then painted the paper with a brush. 
It was fun playing watching the magic happen!!

Before assembling the card, I sprayed the background paper with Stampin'Up Vanilla Shimmer Smooching Spritzer. It creates a subtle effect, but is so pretty.  
I cut this paper into a standard 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" piece and still had a strip left over. I turned this 'leftover' into a sentiment banner by cutting a Double-ended Banner die, stamped with a sentiment from Delightful Dahlias with Smokey Shadow ink.
The Quatrefoil Cover Plate was cut from Stamper's Select White card stock and layered over the background paper.

I cut the leaf and flower dies (Pretty Peonies) from water colour paper, heat embossed with white embossing powder and then used the same technique as above to colour the images. I layered several die cuts in order to create dimension and then added them to the sentiment banner.
Supplies (PTI unless noted)
Stamps - Pretty Peonies, Delightful Dahlias
Inks - Lemon Tart, Harvest Gold, Sweet Blush, Hibiscus Burst, Aqua Mist, Spring Rain, Blueberry Sky, Winter Wisteria, Royal Velvet, Smoky Shadow; Versamark
Paper - Stamper's Select White; Watercolour paper;
Dies - Cover Plate: Quatrefoil; Pretty Peonies Die collection; Double-ended Banner Die
Other -SU: Vanilla Shimmer Smooching Spritzer; Recollections: Fine White Embossing Powder.

Thanks for visiting today. Enjoy the blog hop!!
Karen C.


18 comments:

Betty Wright said...

Karen, this is beautiful! Love the soft tones!

Leigh Penner said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Nancy Penir said...

Lovely, Karen. Like a stained glass window!
Have a wonderful vacation!

Darnell said...

This is as soft as a sigh, Karen! I just love your pastel colors and your gorgeous bloom sediment!! Hugs, Darnell

Kristii said...

Wow! What a beautiful card! Love all the soft colors and the pretty peony is absolutely perfect!

Kathryn A said...

Crafting while he packs? I'm guessing you had more fun! Lol. Beautiful card, Karen!

Keri said...

This is beautiful! I love all of your soft colors. Have a blast in Hawaii! :)

Kara Lynne said...

I love your gorgeous, soft colors and that flower is beautiful! Have a wonderful trip!

Cammie said...

Karen, I'm so glad you made time to make this card. The soft colors and the design are stunning. Wishing you a wonderful trip!

Diana K said...

Wow, Karen, you did an amazing background. Love this card!

Simply Shaz said...

Very pretty card x

Larissa Heskett said...

This is SUPER BEAUTIFUL!! =) I LOVE the AMAZING Design and your take on the Challenge!! THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

Joy2Scrapbook said...

Beautiful card! Such lovely delicate colors, nicely done!

cards by cara said...

The Quatrefoil die, Pretty Peonies stamps and shimmer? All my faves!! This is absolutely beautiful!!

cards by cara said...

PS - Bon voyage! ;)

Lindsey said...

Such a lovely card! Hope you have a wonderful time on your vacations!!!!

Marcia Hill said...

SO pretty Karen! Your background is just amazing and a perfect backdrop for your beautiful flower! Have a wonderful trip!! :0)

Jill Norwood said...

Such a lovely card! The background is so beautiful!