When my son called to announce his engagement, I knew I wanted to make a special card for the couple. Since we were planning a trip to visit him (he lives in Vancouver) I wanted to take something with us. The gold embossed and blue background paper was inspired by a Papertrey Ink forum member. (Thanks Merry!!)
Here's what I did:
1. Basic Backgrounds:Medallions stamped with Moonstruck Blue (Close To My Heart). The 2nd set of circles was stamped with Versamark and then heat embossed with Gold Detail Embossing Powder on white card stock. This panel was attached to a royal blue card base (from my stash).
2. Tag Sale #8 was cut from the same blue card stock with the center cut out to create a frame.
3. A second tag was cut from white card stock and then stamped with a sentiment from Mini Blooms (So Happy) and "For You" from Doodlie Do using Versamark and gold embossing powder.
4. The birds (Heart-2-Heart #9) were stamped with Moonstruck Blue; hearts (Love Lives Here) with Pure Poppy.
5. The tag was attached to the frontpanel with foam adhesive to create dimension.
6. I created the strips of gold paper by heat embossing them with gold embossing powder and then tucking them under the tag on both side.
7. A small white ribbon finishes the tag.
8. The inside of the card uses the same technique using the smaller stamps from the Medallion set to create a band across the white panel.
9. The sentiment frame (Pretty Peonies) was die cut and then stamped with Moonstruck Blue.
10. The sentiment was created using a portion of a sentiment from Tinsel and Tags: House Additions (Congratulations on your) and the word "engagement" using Sans Alphabet (Close To My Heart). These were heat embossed with gold embossing powder.
Thanks for visiting today.