* I had cut a journal card for another project from a piece of caramel card stock and was left with a "frame" that I had saved in my scrap box. I used this piece to stamp the plaid effect using Pure Poppy, Pinefeather and Limeade Ice inks. Because I was only stamping the frame section it was easy to use the Distressed Stripes stamp and just ink a small section of the stamp as needed.
* The frame was applied to the front of a cream coloured card base.
* The tree (Polka Dot Parade #8) was die cut and then stamped with the co-ordinating stamps using Pinefeather ink. I die cut the tree several times and then layered them to create dimension.
* The star was sponged with Pure Poppy ink and added to the top of the tree.
* The sentiment (Love Lives Here: Holiday) was also stamped with Pinefeather.
I liked how this turned out, so I made a second card!! It's a fairly flat card, so should be great for mailing. I used a different sentiment for the front (Love Lives Here: Holiday) and stamped the card interior. (see below)
The top of the interior panel was stamped with the plaid pattern
and a sentiment and baubles were added. (Love Lives Here: Holiday)
Supplies (PTI, unless noted)
Stamps - Polka Dot Parade #8, Distressed Stripes, Love Lives Here: Holiday
Inks - Pure Poppy, Limeade Ice, Pinefeather
Papers - Recollections: Caramel; The Paper Company: Blonde Columns
Dies - Journal Card; Polka Dot Parade #8
Thanks for visiting today.