Welcome to my crafty blog... a "garden" of colourful cards, quilting, sewing projects, knitting...and what ever else happens along the way!!


Saturday, November 8, 2014

Winter Cheer

Since I still had Close To My Heart's Polar Bear Holiday sitting on my desk, I decided to make another holiday card.This time I used the skating bear and a colour scheme of blues, grey and silver.
 The main focal panel was cut with Stitched Rectangles die and then I re-positioned the die in order to cut a square. I stamped the snowflakes with Grey Wool ink and then added royal blue embroidery stitching around the square panel. I also used a marker to add blue dots throughout the stamped snowflake images.

 The polar bear was stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink, coloured with copic markers and then fussy cut. The skates and the trim on the hat were coloured with a silver glitter pen. The cut image was attached over the stamped panel with foam tape.
The patterned paper (Doodlebug Designs) was glued to the white card base and then the main focal panel, a blue snowflake and adhesive pearl were added.
The sentiment was stamped onto a thin strip of white card stock with Moonstruck ink and then glued to the card front.

More snowflakes and a sentiment finish the card interior.

Supplies Used:
Stamps - CTMH: Polar Bear Holiday
Inks - Memento Tuxedo Black; CTMH: Grey Wool, Moonstruck
Paper - PTI: Stamper's Select White; Doodlebug Designs Winter Ribbon Stripe; 
Royal Blue (from my scrap basket)
Dies - PTI: Stitched Rectangle; MFT: Let It Snowflakes
Other - J&P Coats Royal Blue embroidery floss; copic markers; Zig Writer: Blue Jay; Sakura Gelly Roll Silver glitter pen; silver adhesive pearl; foam tape.

Thanks for visiting today.
Karen C.

1 comment:

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is so fun & cute!