Welcome to my crafty blog... a "garden" of colourful cards, quilting, sewing projects, knitting...and what ever else happens along the way!!


Thursday, February 12, 2015

Papertrey Ink: Metallic Challenge

I've been busy with another project for the 8th Anniversary Celebrations at Papertrey Ink.The focus for Day 7 was metallics - gold and silver papers and foils were featured. You can see all of these wonderful products here.
http://nicholeheady.typepad.com/.a/6a00d8341c64e753ef01b8d0d047a1970c-pi 
Day 7 Challenge: 
I like colour. I like bright colours. 
But today we were to limit our design to the use of neutrals 
along with gold or silver metallics. 
I found a small piece of gold paper in my scrap stash 
and decided to cut a word die with it. 



Once I finished making one note card, 
I went ahead and made 3 more, 
since one little bitty card just wasn't enough!! 
Each card measures 3" x 4"

I had enough gold paper to cut 2 "you" die cuts and 
2 "note" die cuts from Wet Paint II Die Collection
Time to get more gold and silver paper!!



The white card with black stamping and gold sentiments needed an accent, since they looked too plain. (remember, I'm a colour kind of girl). 
Lots of Gold Dot Sparklers in two different sizes (from my stash)  
were added to the right of the sentiment.

Supplies (PTI unless noted)  
Stamps - Circle Scribbles; It's Official
Inks - Versafine Onyx Black; Versamark
Paper - Stamper's Select White; gold paper scrap!
Dies - Wet Paint II Die Collection
Other -SU: Gold Embossing powder; Stampendous: Gold Dot Sparklers; corner rounder

Thanks for visiting today.
Karen C.

1 comment:

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, these are gorgeous, Karen!