Welcome to my crafty blog... a "garden" of colourful cards, quilting, sewing projects, knitting...and what ever else happens along the way!!


Thursday, February 12, 2015

Papertrey Ink: Inspired by Maiie Challenge

This is my second project for the 8th Anniversary Celebrations at Papertrey Ink. Maile Belles is back designing stamps and dies and 
was showcased in this blog post by Nichole Heady. 
http://nicholeheady.typepad.com/.a/6a00d8341c64e753ef01b8d0d047a1970c-pi 
Day 2 Challenge: 
For this challenge we were to use one of Maile's cards as an inspiration for our design. I decided to use one of her stamp designs (Trendy Tree Tops) and her card as my starting point.

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhCI5o6njwveQkAJ6DRmHpPtzWDwPeJ2iuKYrN6qFHI7nZxNL9DzVTr0T2oeK0BKRyfMGIvwnQGOL2eBTcgO3REZzTWJ_aduZ9B0YJs5gvMOvNTg6kf_0Tz3TZw4oskWDYh0Q-4mYKVf6fe/s1600/DSC_0062E.jpg
Maile's Card

My Card
I decided to make this card for Valentine's Day to give to my husband. 
I liked the idea of using non traditional colours for an occasion that's usually a red, pink and white day. This gives the card a more masculine feel.



Supplies (PTI unless noted)
Stamps - Trendy Tree Tops
Inks - Dark Chocolate, Canyon Clay, Summer Sunrise; Close To My Heart: Orange
Paper - Rustic White; Dark Chocolate, Canyon Clay, Summer Sunrise, Orange Zest
Dies - Trendy Tree Tops (heart)
Other -Brass adhesive gems

Thanks for visiting today.
Karen C.

No comments: