Welcome to my crafty blog... a "garden" of colourful cards, quilting, sewing projects, knitting...and what ever else happens along the way!!


Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Shaker Shapes: Ornament

I was inspired by Erin Lincoln's Ornament card (here) when I made this card. I had some trouble figuring out how to create a card with a removable ornament, but in the end I came up with a solution that seemed to work!!

Card Base - Pure Poppy
Card Front - Vintage Cream
Patterned Paper - Echo Park: Wrapping Paper
Sentiment & Stars - Sparkle & Shine
Dots - Polka Dot Basics; Beautiful Blooms; Dot Spot
Inks - Pure Poppy, Hibiscus Burst, Aqua Mist; 
Spring Rain, Simply Chartreuse, Ripe Avocado
Dies - Shaker Shapes: Ornament;  
Shakers & Sprinkles: Heart  (circle confetti)
Other: Adhesive Foam Sheet; Clear Acetate; 
Close To My Heart: Bitty Sparkles; 
red eyelet; Pure Poppy Baker's Twine

A red eyelet was inserted through all the layers of the card front, so that I could tie the ornament with Baker's Twine. The recipient will be able to remove the ornament and still have a finished card underneath!!


Card Interior
I repeated the elements from the front of the card and 
added a sentiment from Holiday Wishes


I made a second card with a similar layout and supplies as above, but this time the ornament is not removable and different patterned paper was used.
I think this is my favourite - I love the traditional colours of Christmas - lots of red and green with accents of gold, yellow and blue.

Additional Supplies
Paper -  Stamper's Select White;   
Bo Bunny: Mistletoe Collection
Inks - Pure Poppy, Harvest Gold, New Leaf, Spring Rain,
Other - Versamark and Gold Embossing Powder 
             (confetti stamps from the Sparkle & Shine set);
multi-coloured metallic sequins

Card Interior
The sentiment was heat embossed with Gold Embossing Powder.

Thanks for visiting today.
Karen C.



No comments: