Rev Up the Fun!! (Stampin' Up) is a fun set for masculine cards. I used the racing car stamp for my son's birthday card. He owns a silver/grey car, so I thought this image would be perfect for him.
* I used a colour scheme of black, red, white, silver and yellow. Stamper's Select White was used for the card base.
strips of black gingham paper were adhered to Pure Poppy card stock and
then mounted onto the card front. The Rick Rack Border die was cut from
yellow card stock and positioned on the center of each piece of
* A red star button (from my button stash) was added to the top panel and accented with red embroidery floss.
* The 'dust' was stamped along the center of the card front using black ink
and then highlighted with a clear glitter gel pen.
* The racing car was stamped onto a small piece of cardstock with Versamark and then heat embossed with silver embossing powder. It was fussy cut and then added to the card with 3D foam dots.
* The tires were stamped onto Soft Stone card stock with Versamark, heat embossed with black EP, cut and glued to the original image.
* Finally the number panel (using the tiny numbers from Postmarks) was stamped onto a yellow circle and also added for a touch of colour.
* The sentiment panel was made with Fabulous Frames stamp and die. The sentiment was stamped with Versamark and heat embossed with black EP.
I used more of the black gingham with a red trim on either side.
Yellow card stock was used to cut a Double-ended Banner Die and
then the sentiment (Stylish Sentiments: Birthdays) was layered on top.
Card Details (PTI, unless noted)
Stamps - Fabulous Frames, Postmarks, Stylish Sentiments: Birthday; Stampin' Up: Rev Up the Fun!
Inks - Pure Poppy; Momento Tuxedo Black, VersaMark
Papers - Stamper's Select White, Soft Stone, Pure Poppy;
Making Memories: Black Gingham, Recollections: Bright Yellow
Dies - Fabulous Frames, Double-ended Banner Die, Rick Rack Border Die ; Spellbinder's Classic Squares
Other - Stampin' Up Black & Silver Embossing Powder; red star button; red embroidery floss; copic markers;
3D Foam Dots; Sakura Glitter Gel Pen - Clear.
Thanks for visiting today.