The current challenge on the Festive Friday blog calls for a holiday project focusing on SNOW!! Kind of hard to fathom winter flurries when we're in the middle of a heat wave here (and lots of rain too!)
The news reporter likened our weather to the type you would experience in a rainforest!! This isn't something we're used to in Northern Ontario!!
Hopefully a little bit of snow (on my card) will help cool things down!!
stock and then embossing them with a "Snowflake" embossing folder. These
strips were mounted to Confetti White (Stampin' Up) card stock.
* I swiped the front of this with Versamark and heat embossed with white embossing powder. This really made the snowflakes 'pop' against the blue.
* Pure Poppy was used to mat the card front and then this mounted onto a
white card base.
* The focal panel was stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink, coloured with copic markers and then cut with a square Nestibilities die. The little snowflake dots were highlighted with a clear glitter gel pen.
* Several mat layers of Pure Poppy and blue card stock were added so the main image has some added dimension. A red ribbon and bow were added to the top of this panel and then adhered to the card front.
* A Holiday Photo Finishers die was cut from blue card stock, stamped with Versamark and heat embossed with white embossing powder. Three red dots were added to accent the berries on the sentiment panel.
* The inside of the card was finished with snowflakes (Winter Penguin) and a
faux stitching line (Sew Simple Borders) using Bashful Blue ink (Stampin' Up).
A sentiment from Silent Night was stamped with Pure Poppy ink.
Card Details (PTI, unless noted)
Stamps - Stampin' Up Trees for All Seasons; PTI Holiday Photo Finishers,
Inks - Memento Tuxedo Black; Versamark
Paper - Bella White; Recollection Blue; Stampin'Up Confetti White;
PTI Stamper's Select White, Pure Poppy;
Dies - Spellbinders Classic Squares; Holiday Photo Finishers
Other - Cuttlebug 'Snowflake' Embossing Folder; Stampin' Up White Embossing Powder;
red ribbon; copic markers; Sakura Clear Glitter Gel pen.
Thanks for visiting.