for a long time and decided to experiment with some stamps and dies to design a card using it as the background.
* I used Up, Up & Away Stamps and Dies, coloured with copic markers and accented with sparkle dots. The card front was mounted onto Berry Sorbet
card stock; two rows of machine stitching accent the edge; a white card
base was used.
* I tried stamping the sentiment (Movers & Shakers Sentiments) directly onto the patterned paper with Versamark and embossing powder. I wasn't happy with the final look, so I stamped the sentiment onto a piece of white card stock with Berry Sorbet ink, stamped over the top with Versamark and embossed it with clear embossing powder. This really made the sentiment stand out.
* One of the stamps from Half & Half was used to stamp the sentiment panel with Aqua Mist ink. I wiped the extra ink off with a paper towel and that left a background that blended with the original patterned paper. (The embossed sentiment resisted the Aqua Mist ink.) The corners were rounded and then matted with Berry Sorbet card stock.
* The hot air balloons were mounted onto the card front varying
the height by using different thicknesses of 3-D foam dots.
* Sparkle Dots add a little glitter to the hot air balloons.
Card Details (PTI, unless noted)
Stamps - Up, Up & Away, Half & Half, Movers & Shakers Sentiments
Inks - Berry Sorbet, Aqua Mist; Memento Tuxedo Black; Versamark
Papers - Stamper's Select White, Berry Sorbet; Recollections: Rainbows
Dies - Up, Up & Away
Other - copic markers; corner rounder; 3-D Foam Dots; sewing machine
Stampendous: Clear Embossing powder, Dot Sparkles - Silver.
Thanks for visiting today.