Welcome to my crafty blog... a "garden" of colourful cards, quilting, sewing projects, knitting...and what ever else happens along the way!!


Sunday, May 26, 2013

Sending Posies

I was reading a thread on the Papertrey Ink forum about a young girl who 
is fighting leukemia for the second time. A card request was posted on the Simon Says web site with details for sending a card to Maddy Justice.
  
This is the card I made to send her, using a Paper Piecing 
technique by Melissa Phillips on this Make It Monday #117 video.
(I apologize for the horrible pictures - a new camera is on my Wish List!!)

 
I started by stamping the flower grouping into the center of a piece 
of white card stock. Then I stamped it again on several patterned 
papers so that I could cut the petals - 2 petals for each colour grouping.


The coloured flower in the right corner is going to be paper pieced 
onto another card stock piece so that it can be attached with a foam 
dot.The four petal groupings were cut with green, light and darker pink 
patterned papers and then glued to the original stamped outline image.
The Aida Cloth Impression Plate was used to add texture 
to the card front before the finishing details were added:

A piece of green patterned paper was used to die cut the pocket. It was 
stamped with black ink and then glued to the card front. The final paper 
pieced flower was then added so that it appears to hang over the top 
edge of the pocket. Yellow adhesive dots accent the flower centers.

Inside
Sentiments (Heart-2-Heart #12 & #6) were added along with another flower grouping. I used Summer Sunrise ink and the filler stamp in order to colour the flowers. I then over stamped it with Berry Sorbet ink. I didn't cover the stamp completely with ink, so the resulting flowers look variegated in colour. I'm going to try that method to colour flowers again - it was a pleasant suprise to see how it turned out.


Card Details: (PTI, unless noted)
Stamps - Back Pocket Basics, Heart-2-Heart #12 & #6
Inks - Memento Tuxedo Black, Summer Sunrise, Berry Sorbet
Papers - Stamper's Select White, Basic Grey Sweet Threads 6" x 6" paper pad
Dies - Back Pocket Basics; Stampin' Up Adorning Accents Edgelits
Other Supplies - Aida Cloth Impression Plate; 3-D foam dots; Stamping Bella Green Dots; yellow adhesive dots

Thanks for visiting today.
Karen C.

1 comment:

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is so sweet, Karen! I love how that border along the side adds just the right finishing touch!