Welcome to my crafty blog... a "garden" of colourful cards, quilting, sewing projects, knitting...and what ever else happens along the way!!


Saturday, May 11, 2013

Kitty Birthday for Parker

I've been busy in my craft room, but haven't taken the time to photograph, edit and blog until today!! I've actually been working on a photo album from our 2010 San Francisco - Alaska Cruise (for the last 4 months!!) I'm determined to get it finished this week-end, so I'm hoping for some crafty time tomorrow. In between scrapping and boring household chores, I've also been making cards, tags and gift packaging for family members. 

One of my little grand nieces celebrated her 2nd birthday at the end of April and here's the tag and card I made for her.

Gift Tag
I used a Stamping Bella image - "Bunny" - to make a tag for her birthday gift and added some sweet balloons from Heart-2-Heart #2.  
The bunny was stamped onto Bella card stock, coloured with copic markers and then fussy cut. I then hand drew the balloon strings before adding the balloons.


The wrapping paper gave me the inspiration for the colour scheme. 
I used pink Baker's Twine to tie around the package and then added 
a bow to the top of the tag.

Stamps - Stamping Bella Bunny; Heart-2-Heart #2, Tag-Its #1; 
Inks - Hawaiian Shores, Limeade Ice, Raspberry Fizz, Kraft;  Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper - Teresa Collins Designer Paper, Bella White
Die - Tag Sale #3;  Heart-2-Heart #2 balloon die
Other Supplies - copic markers; Baker's Twine

Card
I used another Stamping Bella image - "Mavis has a Daisy" for the birthday 
card. Papertrey Ink stamps and dies were also used to create a colourful 
spring scene!!
     I started by stamping the Kitty onto a piece of Bella White card stock and then colouring her with copic markers. The little dress was paper pieced with some blue floral printed paper. This same blue paper was used to mat the focal image and then another mat layer (Canyon Clay) was added. The number was die cut from Canyon Clay using Number Time Trio. 
I added the sentiment (Framed Out #1) to the left corner.

     The focal panel looked rather plain, so I decided to try and create a scene with some additional stamping. I seem to do things in a wonky order, but I really love how the final card turned out. I masked the kitty image so I was able to stamp the picket fence, the grass (Lovely Layers) and flowers (Garden Variety).

All of the patterned papers came from a set from Stampin' Up. 
I used one of the co-ordinating papers to make the flower (Bloom Builders #3).  
I also used one of the stitching stamps from Sew Simple Borders around the focal panel and the card front.

Stamps - Framed Out #1,  Lovely Layers, Garden Variety, Sew Simple Borders; Mavis has a Daisy (Stamping Bella); Picket Fence (Clear Dollar Stamps)
Inks - Summer Sunrise, Canyon Clay, Simply Chartreuse, New Leaf; Cranberry (Close To My Heart); Bashful Blue (Stampin' Up); Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper - Spring Rain, Canyon Clay, Stamper's Select White; Stampin' Up Designer Paper;  
Die - Bloom Builder #3; Number Time Trio
Other Supplies - copic markers; adhesive pearl


 Card Interior
Stamps - Stylish Sentiments: Birthday
Inks - Cranberry (Close To My Heart)
Paper - Stampin' Up Designer Paper 

After finishing the card and tag, I decided to use the colour scheme 
from the wrapping paper ... this time to create a colourful envelope!!

 Stamps -  Postmarks, Mini Blooms, Tag-Its #1; Polka Dot Alphabet (Close To My Heart)
Inks - Hawaiian Shores, Limeade Ice, Raspberry Fizz, Summer Sunrise  

Thanks for visiting today. 
Mother`s Day is starting early here.  
My husband is taking me out for an early Mother`s Day Dinner tonight.
 Have a great week-end and Happy Mother`s Day to all!!

Karen C.

4 comments:

Camilla said...

What a cute tag and card!
I am very impressed that you can get the photos done after so much time :) I am jealous! Wish I had the backbone to organize our holiday photos. They are all a mess on the computer.

Leigh Penner said...

Okay, these are the sweetest tag and card that I've ever seen! I'm personally not a fan of "cute" animals.... but that kitty is adorable!! I love how you coloured it and made your card, Karen! She will LOVE these!

craftmates said...

These are beautiful! I especially love the envelope. Such a special touch. -Irma

Jill Norwood said...

Your blog is just fill of adorable cards and tags etc. I am enjoying paging through it tonight!