Welcome to my crafty blog... a "garden" of colourful cards, quilting, sewing projects, knitting...and what ever else happens along the way!!


Friday, May 3, 2013

Little Birdie Holiday

 

Making cards for Christmas is usually a fall and winter task for me, but I decided to start adding to my stash earlier this year. FESTIVE FRIDAY  is a great incentive and inspiration for creating holiday cards all through the year. This week's challenge is to add a bird to a project. 

Here's my 'take' on this challenge, using a variety of stamps and textures. 
 
Card Base -  Rustic White; Stampin' Up Petals-a-Plenty Embossing Folder; 

 Focal Panel - Tiny Treats: Christmas; Loves Lives Here: Holiday;  copic markers;
        Pure Poppy ink; Memento Tuxedo Black & Cottage Ivy ink; 
         Limitless Layers 1 3/4" Circles; 1 1/8" circle punch; 
       Card stock - Pure Poppy, Rustic White, green (from my stash)

 
Sentiment Panel -  Holiday Lights; Love Lives Here: Holiday

 Supplies from Papertrey Ink, unless noted.


Thank you for visiting today.
Karen C.

5 comments:

Meredith MacRitchie said...

Oh, I LOVE this! I love everything about it, I can't even pick a favourite detail! Thanks so much for joining us at FF, and hopefully we'll see you again soon!

Marcia said...

This is so pretty. I love all the different textures from the embossing and that bird is just too darn cute! Great job! :0)

Geri said...

What an adorable card, Karen! I love the embossing, that sweet little stamped panel, and especially the frame and adorable little bird!!! Too CUTE!!! So glad you could join us with this sweet creation!!!

Ardyth Percy-Robb said...

Love this sweet card - classic colours and layout and lots of interesting detail! Thanks for playing with Festive Friday!

Jill Norwood said...

This is so precious! Love, love, love it!