This is the second card I made for my husband's birthday ... this is the one that I gave him. I used Cheryl Rowley's Autumn Tag , as my inspiration. I experimented with several ink combinations on the leaves to create the multi-coloured and weathered look.
* Leaf Print stamps and dies and the beautiful colours of the autumn season make a great masculine birthday card and are much easier to look at than all of the leaves that keep blowing around in our yard!
* I used a patterned paper from Postmarks paper pad, machine stitched with brown thread, swiped some Tea Dye inks along the edges and then mounted it to a Kraft card base.
* Tag Sale #3 die was cut from Kraft card stock and then impressed with the Wood grain Impression Plate. Three different leaves were cut from Rustic Cream card stock and then stamped with various colours to create the mottled look. I also curled the edges of the leaves and added some more Tea Dye inks.
* The leaves were then attached to the tag along with a Tiny Tag and a Linen Thread bow. Two brown Stamping Bella Dots were added to the Kraft tag and another two were added to the top corner of the card.
* The largest
sentiment was inked with Pure Poppy and then the lower part of (Birthday) was edged with Vineyard Berry before stamping. The smaller sentiment was stamped in Rich Cocoa ink.
* The bottom of the card is stamped with
several of the smaller leaf images in the corner. The date was also added in brown ink.
Card Details (PTI, unless noted)
Stamps - Leaf Prints, Tiny Tags II, Movers & Shakers Sentiments, Library Ledger Year Additions.
Inks - Kraft, Fine Linen, Berry Sorbet, Pure Poppy, Harvest Gold, Summer Sunrise, Canyon Clay,
Vintage Touch Tea Dye Duo; CTMH: Vineyard Berry; Memento: Rich Cocoa
Papers - Kraft, Rustic Cream, Postmarks
Dies - Leaf Prints die collection; Tiny Tags, Tag Sale #3
Other Supplies - Wood grain Impression Plate; Stamping Bella Dots; SU Linen Thread; Sewing machine
Thanks for visiting today.