Welcome to my crafty blog... a "garden" of colourful cards, quilting, sewing projects, knitting...and what ever else happens along the way!!


Saturday, October 29, 2016

Birthday Fiesta

Like many others, I always struggle with cards 
for the guys in my life. 
I decided to use the Circle Cover Plate 
to make a birthday card for my son, 
and after several attempts, here's the final product!
I cut the cover plate from Stamper's Select White, 
but after choosing the colour scheme I wanted 
to add some colour to the frame. 
I used Lemon Tart, Harvest Gold and Bright Buttercup 
to "smoosh" colour on the frame. 
The overall colour scheme was determined by the 
fun "Fiesta Stripes" (Reminisce) patterned paper.
The circles and other inserts were cut from 
Pure Poppy, New Leaf and the patterned paper 
and then inserted into the corresponding openings.

The focal panel was created by stamping the 
balloon strings (Everyday Button Bits) 
onto a yellow "smooshed" background with a blue mat. 
The three balloons were cut with a 5/8" circle punch 
and embossed with a Polka Dot Embossing folder. 
White highlights were added with a gel pen, and then 
they were 'popped-up' with foam dimensional tape.
The sentiment (Scene It: Celebration) 
was stamped with Star Spangled Blue (Close To My Heart) 
onto  Rustic Cream card stock. 
Using the shaped saying as a guide, 
I hand cut the sentiment panel, sponged the edges and 
then added it to the front with foam tape.
Supplies (PTI unless noted)
Stamps - Everyday Button Bits, Scene It: Celebrations
Inks - Lemon Tart, Harvest Gold, Bright Buttercup, 
CTMH: Star Spangled Blue
Paper - Rustic Cream, Stamper's Select White, New Leaf, 
Blue (from stash);
Reminisce: Fiesta Stripes
Dies - Circle Cover Plate
Other - Aida Cloth Impression Plate; 5/8" circle punch; 
Bright White Gelly Roll pen; Foam Adhesive tape;  
Cuttlebug: Polka Dot Embossing folder

Thanks for visiting today.
Karen C.

No comments: