Welcome to my crafty blog... a "garden" of colourful cards, quilting, sewing projects, knitting...and what ever else happens along the way!!


Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Up, Up & Away Rainbow Birthday

What colours do you usually choose for masculine cards? 
I usually think of blues, greens or brown, but for 
today's card I used a cheery rainbow colour scheme.
 
I had a piece of white card stock sitting on my desk that 
I had started stamping with yellow polka dots and used it 
as my background for stenciling.
I needed to make a birthday card for my brother, 
and decided to start with an blue ombre look using 
one of the Modern Background stencils. 

 I cut the card front with Lawn Fawn's Stitched Rectangle and 
then sponged the edges with blue ink, before mounting it onto 
a card front with Blueberry Sky Gingham patterned paper.

I've always loved the hot air balloons from Up, Up & Away, 
so I die cut, stamped and coloured the three balloons 
using a rainbow colour scheme. 
I added two clouds to the design, layering 
one over and one under the balloons.

Sentiment Details
I hadn't planned how to incorporate a sentiment but 
knew I needed to fill in some space across the 
bottom portion of the card.  
A piece of white card stock was cut with one of the 
Photo Finishers die and then I heavily sponged 
Blueberry Sky ink along the edges to create a solid border. 
Happy Birthday (Get Lost) was stamped with Pure Poppy ink. 
I created a small circle panel by stamping a 
rainbow of colours onto white card stock 
and then cutting it with Inverted Scallop (Nestabilities). 
Circle punches were used to cut a blue and white circle 
to add onto the colourful background panel. 
A sentiment from Tiny Tags II was the perfect finishing touch.

Card Interior
Sentiments
Up, Up & Away
 Image
Clear Dollar Stamps: Rainbow

Supplies (PTI unless noted)
Stamps - Up, Up & Away, Get Lost, Tiny Tags II, Polka Dot Basics;
Clear Dollar Stamps: Rainbow
Inks - Pure Poppy, Harvest Gold, New Leaf, Blueberry Sky, 
Winter Wisteria, Spring Rain; Close To My Heart:Orange
Paper - Stamper's Select White, Blueberry Sky Gingham Patterned Paper
Dies - Up, Up & Away; Photo Finishers Die Collection; circles punches
Lawn Fawn:Stitched Rectangles; Nestiblities:Inverted Scallops; 
Other - Modern Stencils, Copic markers, 3-D foam dots

Thanks for visiting today.
Karen C.

No comments: