Welcome to my crafty blog... a "garden" of colourful cards, quilting, sewing projects, knitting...and what ever else happens along the way!!


Friday, July 8, 2016

Tulip Time Birthday


Even though I have the Friendship Jar Tulips stamps, I couldn't resist the new Tulip Time set and dies that were released early this year. I wasn't sure exactly what I wanted to create when I first got the set, so I die cut and stamped a batch of flowers with pinks and yellows (colours listed below) so that I could make a few cards. I needed a birthday card for my niece's 40th birthday, so this card went together quickly with the pre-made flowers. 

I created the background by stenciling 
yellow and pink inks with one of the Modern Stencils.
I positioned the tulips and then added the sentiment 
with Grey Wool ink (Close To My Heart) and then 
heat embossed it. A few clear adhesive dots finish the card.

The inside of the card features another stamped die cut tulip 
and a sentiment from Delightful Dahlias: Additions

Supplies (PTI unless noted)
Stamps - Tulip Time, Delightful Dahlias: Additions
Inks - New Leaf, Mint Julep, Lemon Tart, Harvest Gold, Bright Buttercup,
Sweet Blush, Lovely Lady, Raspberry Fizz; 
Close To My Heart: Grey Wool; Versamark
Paper - Stamper's Select White
Dies - Tulip Time
Other - Modern Stencils; Adhesive Clear Dots; clear embossing powder

Thanks for visiting today.
Karen C.

No comments: