Welcome to my crafty blog... a "garden" of colourful cards, quilting, sewing projects, knitting...and what ever else happens along the way!!


Monday, September 22, 2014

Starry Birthday Wishes

I just can't seem to put the Star Cover Plate away!! I made two masculine birthday cards here, and then I decided to try a more feminine colour scheme for my grand niece's birthday.

* Hibiscus Burst polka dot paper was glued to the front of a white card base. 
* I had a leftover cover plate (I used the stars from this on a card and still had the negative die cut on my desk). This was impressed with the Linen Impression Plate before being attached to the card front.  
* I have a basket of card stock scraps near my Cuttlebug, that I used to cut some stars. Ten of the stars were stamped with Harvest Gold ink using polka dots from Day-By-Day Mini Set and four were stamped with Lovely Lilac (Stampin' Up). These stars were inserted into the openings on the cover plate; the remaining openings show the Hibiscus Burst paper that was originally attached to the card front.


* A Double-ended Banner die was used to cut a strip of white card stock; the sentiment (Tea For Two Additions) was stamped with black ink.  
* Two Circle Scribbles were die cut from Harvest Gold card stock and then  glued together. 
* The number 6 (Block Alphabet Numbers) was cut from Hibiscus Burst polka dot paper, and two white card stock pieces, so they could be layered together. 
* Several pink and yellow sequins from my stash were scattered amongst the stars. Bitty Opaque Pearls were added to the center of each sequin and a few random spots on the card front.

Inside:
Shakers & Sprinkles Stamps (sentiment, stars)
Sprinkled word die - cut from Hibiscus Burst Polka Dot paper

PTI Supplies, unless noted
Stamps - Day By Day Stamps; Tea for Two Additions; Shakers & Sprinkles
Inks - Harvest Gold, SU: Lovely Lilac, Hibiscus Burst, True Black
Paper - Stamper's Select White; Harvest Gold, Hibiscus Burst Bitty Dot Patterned Paper
Dies - Star Cover Plate, Block Alphabet Number die, Circle Scribbles die, 
Double-ended Banner Die
Other - Linen Impression Plate; Sequins from my stash; Close To My Heart: Bitty Opaque Pearls

I have a few more Star Struck cards to share later this week, so be sure to check back here again!! Thanks for visiting today.
Karen C.

1 comment:

uncbballfan said...

Love this card with all the stars, and then to see inside! Amazing! Such a wow card - I'm sure your grand-niece will love it!