Welcome to my crafty blog... a "garden" of colourful cards, quilting, sewing projects, knitting...and what ever else happens along the way!!


Thursday, August 28, 2014

On My Desk: Just For You Tag

 I have a little box on my desk that collects extra die cuts, and stamped images that don't make it onto a card. I've challenged myself to use these items instead of continually starting from 'scratch".  You can find another project (journalling cards) in this series here.

This "tag" started out as a card front. I made a few mistakes while I was stamping a background panel (Dot Spot), so it landed in the box "on my desk"


I cut the stamped panel into a tag so I was able to avoid the bloopers!! The sentiment circle (Just For You) and the butterfly die cut (Heart-2-Heart #10) were ready to use from my stash, with only a few additions. These were layered onto the tag and I was quickly done!!
I still have lots of bits and bobs on my desk, so I'm sure I'll be making more scrap inspired projects. It feels good to clean out these scraps and have a  completed project at the same time!!

PTI Supplies (unless noted)
Stamps - Heart-2-Heart #10, Just For You, Dot Spot
Inks - Limeade Ice, Hibiscus Burst, Tropical Teal;  Tempting Turquoise (SU);  Memento Tuxedo Black
Papers - Vintage Cream,
Dies - Tag Sale #5, Heart-2-Heart #10; 
Other - 1 3/4" Circle Punch

Thanks for visiting today.
Karen C.

2 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, what a pretty tag! I love those colours!

MA said...

Great tag. Love the colors!