Welcome to my crafty blog... a "garden" of colourful cards, quilting, sewing projects, knitting...and what ever else happens along the way!!


Saturday, August 9, 2014

Enjoy Your Big Day

Are you enjoying the lazy days of summer? It's been very hot here so we've been spending a lot of time on the deck and in the garden; we need to soak it all in while we can!! My poor blog has really taken a back seat to everything else the last few months, but I have been organizing and cleaning in my craft room and crafting a bit in between!!

I received a package of goodies from Papertrey Ink in July with Phrase Play #4 stamps and die. It arrived just before my son's birthday so I decided to use them, along with balloons from Heart-2-Heart #2 and 'confetti' from Birthday Style  to make his card. I used Blueberry Sky and Limeade Ice accented with Pure Poppy and Harvest Gold to create a masculine card:




Dimension was added to the focal panel and the balloons using foam dots.
Three colours of Baker's Twine were tied to the balloons and knotted at the bottom.

PTI Supplies (unless  noted)
Stamps - Phrase Play #4, Heart-2-Heart #2, Birthday Style
Inks - Limeade Ice, Blueberry Sky, Pure Poppy, Golden Harvest, True Black
Papers - Stamper's Select White, Blueberry Sky, Pure Poppy & Limeade Ice Patterned Papers
Dies - Phrase Play #4, Heart-2-Heart #2
Other -  Linen/Canvas Impression Plate; 3D foam; Baker's Twine




Inside:
Sentiments
Building Blocks, Little Bitty Bird, 
Cupcake -  
Tiny Treats: Valentine; copic markers
Hashtag - 
The Works Alphabet (Close To My Heart)

I love that sentiment - it makes me smile every time I read it!! My son is always in meetings or conference calls for his job, so it was a perfect sentiment for his birthday!!

Thanks for visiting today.
Karen C.

2 comments:

carol (krillsister) said...

Cute card. Great colors for a masculine card. Love how you stamped a sentiment on the washi tape. Very creative

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is so fun! I love how you added the balloons to fill that space! Looks great!