Today's Blog Challenge at Papertrey Ink involves the
use of string on cards or packages. I've included two
little pillow boxes and tags that I made for Christmas
gift cards ... one for my husband and the other for my
son. I used Pure Poppy Baker's Twine on each and tied
them up with a little bow. Nothing too fancy or unique,
but the string just adds that 'finishing' touch for a masculine gift.
Celebrate the Season
* I die cut festive striped paper (Pebbles Inc.) with the Pillow Box Die.
* I cut a second tag from Pure Poppy card stock and trimmed the bottom using a border punch. I've seen this layering technique for tags, so thought I'd give it a try. Baker's Twine was tied around the length of the pillow box and then the tag was added with an additional piece of twine.
Certified Coffee Drinker
My husband loves coffee, so a gift card to Tim Horton's was on his list!
* The coffee cup (Heart-to-Heart #1) was perfect for the front of this tag.
* I stamped a pattern from Bitty Blocks Backgrounds in Kraft ink onto a piece of card stock, then used it to paper piece the top and bottom of the coffee cup.
* Pure Poppy card stock was used on the center of the cup, then "Certified Coffee Drinker" (Latte Love) was stamped, cut with a circle punch and added.
* Glossy Accents creates a 'clear bubble' top on the lid of the cup.
* A rectangle of Kraft card stock was impressed with the Aida Impression Plate, and outlined with a red marker. The coffee cup was added with 3D Foam Dots.
* A larger second tag was cut from a heavy cream cardboard, stamped with a sentiment (Latte Love) using New Leaf, Pure Poppy and Dark Chocolate inks.
* On the back, I stamped an invitation: Let's get together for coffee!!
* The pillow box was made with Rustic White card stock and
stamped with Distressed Stripes (New Leaf and Pure Poppy inks).
Both tags were added to the pillow box with Baker's Twine.
Supplies: Papertrey Ink, except the patterned paper used on the first pillow box.
Thanks for visiting today. Enjoy the Blog Hop!