* I found a racing car on a site for free colouring book images; re-sized it and then printed it on white Bella card stock so that I could use my copic markers.
* The image was fussy cut and mounted on the Label Basics Angled die cut. The frame was stamped with Pure Poppy and the panel was embossed with the Wood grain Impression Plate for a bit of dimension.
* The fire image (Boy Basics: Out of This World) was stamped and then coloured with copic markers, before being tucked underneath the back of the racing car. The sentiment is from the same set.
* The card base (Stamper's Select White) was stamped with Sunny Yellow (Close To My Heart). Yellow stitching creates a frame along the outside edge.
* The stamped black and white checker board strip (Waltzingmouse Stamps) makes me think of an image you would see at a race track. I stitched around this panel with black thread before mounting it onto the front of the card.
* Two red buttons with yellow embroidery floss are the finishing details.
I did a lot of experimenting with colours and details and I'm really pleased with the final results. Definitely a fun boy's card!!
InsideI always like to add some fun details to the inside of the card. I carried through the colour scheme by stamping the sentiments in red and black and adding the yellow stamped stars and the larger yellow die cut. The green "2" celebrates the birthday boy's age!!
Card Details: (PTI, unless noted)
Stamps - Polka Dot Basics, Boy Basics: Out of This World, Label Basics, Big Birthday Wishes; Fillable Frames #1, Love Lives Here: Holiday , Waltzingmouse: Off Beat Backgrounds
Inks - Pure Poppy, Memento Tuxedo Black; CTMH: Sunny Yellow
Papers - Stamper's Select White; Bella: White; yellow and green scrap card stock
Dies - Boy Basics: Out of This World die collection, Seeing Stars, Label Basics Angled Die collection, Block Alphabet Numbers
Other Supplies - copic markers; red buttons; sewing machine; yellow embroidery floss; 3-D Dots
Thanks for visiting today.