Welcome to my crafty blog... a "garden" of colourful cards, quilting, sewing projects, knitting...and what ever else happens along the way!!


Sunday, September 16, 2012

Inspired by SAF: Ribbon Techniques

Papertrey Ink held a "Stamp-a-Faire Summer Camp" event on July 21st,
highlighting many techniques, videos and tutorials and encouraging 

crafters to enter cards and projects for each of the challenges. Even 
though I had planned to participate, I didn't get my projects finished 
in time for  the challenge deadlines!!  I will be highlighting lots of 
projects - all inspired by the Stamp-a-Faire videos and techniques. 
I invite you to join me all this week, for a look back at the challenges.

The second challenge involved unique uses of ribbons. You can view all of the design team's videos and instructions here on Nichole Heady's blog.

There were a variety of ribbon techniques presented but the one that really caught my attention was Betsy Veldman's Bitty Dot Ribbon Flowers.

It certainly was an interesting adventure when I brought out the candle and matches to 'melt' my ribbons!! My husband thought I had really lost it!!

I only had the Bitty Dot ribbon in Winter Wisteria, so I added the 
yellow satin ribbon from my stash to create the other 2 flowers.
Small adhesive pearls were added to the center of the flowers.

Card Details: (PTI, unless noted)
Stamps - Turning a New Leaf, Mehndi Medallion, Natural Beauties (sentiment)
Inks - Spring Moss, Simply Charteuse, Winter Wisteria
Papers - Stamper's Select White, Simply Chartreuse, Harvest Gold
Other Supplies - Winter Wisteria Bitty Dots 3/8" ribbon; Fabricland yellow 3/8" Satin Ribbon; 
EK Success Pinking Hearts Border Punch; Pearl adhesives: white& lilac.

This is the 2nd project in this series.
Other Stamp-A-Faire posts can be viewed here

Thanks for visiting today.
Karen C.

2 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

I love that you're revisiting the SAF challenges, Karen! This card is perfect! I was never brave enough to try this technique, but your flowers turned out wonderfully!

carol (krillsister) said...

Beautiful card. Love your flowers. Mine didn't turn out.