My son's girlfriend graduated from a Master's program in June and this is the card I made to celebrate her achievement. I used the university colours of gold and black to make this fun 'spring' card.
I cut and folded a piece of 5 1/4" x 10 1/2" True Black card stock using this tutorial. The black dotted paper was cut using a Nestabilities Classic Square and then attached to the square front card base.
The main focal point was created using several layers of card stock:
* Harvest Gold die cut with Inverted Scallop Circle (Nestabilities)
* The frame (Tag-It's #10) was stamped with Smokey Shadow onto white card stock, and then some of the details were coloured with markers (blue, green, violet). The inside of the frame was punched with a 1 3/8" circle punch so it could reveal the stamped images below. The outside of the circle frame was punched with a 1 3/4" punch. The frame is made from 3 layers of punched circles, so it stands away from the background images, for added dimension.
* The cap (Tag-It's #4) and sentiments (Close To My Heart: Express Postage) were stamped on the inside of the circle.
* A small yellow satin bow was added to highlight the sentiment circle.
* Another piece of black dotted paper was cut to fit across the bottom of the card. Harvest Gold card stock was cut with a Photo Finishers die and then stamped with two sentiments (both from Fillable Frames #3).
* Blue and Green Sparkles (Close to My Heart) were added to the sentiments and the cap for a bit of shine!
* I also added a square piece of card stock to the back of the 'spring' portion of the card, so that I could add a little note.
Card Details: (PTI, unless noted)
Stamps - Tag-It's #4, Tag- It's #10, Fillable Frames #3, CTMH: Express Postage
Inks - Smokey Shadow, Hawaiian Shores
Paper - True Black, Harvest Gold, Stamper's Select White; Making Memories: Small Black Dots
Dies - Photo Finishers Die Collection; Nestabilities: Classic Squares, Inverted Scallop Circles;Other Supplies - EK Success 1 3/4" & 1 3/8" circle punches; Offray 3/8" Yellow Satin ribbon; Marvy Markers; CTMH: Blue & Green Sparkles.
Thanks for visiting today.Karen C.