My son celebrated his birthday at the end of July and I made several cards for the occasion. This is the one I made for my husband and I to give him. I used a variety of stamps and dies to create this card - it's always fun to use favourite sets and incorporate them into one design.
* Lots of colourful balloons: cut and stamped then arranged with foam dimensionals. Embroidery floss used as the balloon strings.
* Mover's and Shakers Zipper die: used to create the sentiment panel.
* The grass (Hanging Out) and the sky and cloud details were added with stamping and sponging techniques. Polka dots were stamped in a variety of colours to resemble little flowers.
* Sentiment (Movers & Shakers): Star Spangled Blue ink (Close to My Heart)
and "Pull Here" : Harvest Gold ink (PTI)
Here's the 'secret" sentiment, revealed when the 'zipper' was pulled. The inside strip was sponged with more blue ink and a few of the coloured dots, so it blends very well with the panels above and below.
* Pure Poppy balloon and Fine Linen 'string'.
* Striped paper, cut with Rick Rack Border die and outlined with blue marker.
* Sentiments stamped in blue ink, with "32" (Postmarks) stamped in Pure Poppy.
Card Details: (PTI, unless noted)
Stamps - Heart-2-Heart #2, Movers $ Shakers Sentiments, Hanging Out, Polka Dot Basics, Postmarks
Inks - Pure Poppy, Harvest Gold, Fine Linen; CTMH: Star Spangled Blue, Crystal Blue, Clover Meadow
Paper - Stamper's Select White; Bazzill: North Sea; Echo Park: hello SUMMER; Recollection: Cream
Dies - Movers & Shakers: Zipper Die, Heart-2-Heart #2:Balloon die, Cloud dies, Rick Rack Border die.Other Supplies - embroidery floss; EK Succes 3D-Dots; Zig Writer Marker: Blue Jay
Thanks for visiting today.Karen C.