I've been making note cards lately - something I can use to write a little note of encouragement or 'thinking of you'. It's nice to send birthday cards, but I have some family members that really appreciate a hand written note in the mail - 'just because'! This is one that I made for my aunt - she's a very accomplished seamstress and I know she will like the details on this card.
* This was my first time using the die from Signature Series: Dress form.
The stamp for the dress form creates a solid coloured image with the word Bliss, but I wanted to use something different, so I stamped the word 'cherish'
(Stampin' Up: Warm Words) using Versamark and clear embossing powder onto Rustic White card stock.
* The top of the dress form was coloured with a blending tool and Autumn Rose ink, to allow the word to become clearly visible. I really like the effect and will use it again with other words.
* I cut several dress forms from card stock so they could be glued together to create a thicker image.
* The pink portion was cut and layered on top of another die cut that had been coloured with a dark grey copic marker to create a metallic base. This gives some added dimension to the form.
* A piece of beige ribbon was wrapped around the patterned paper and a bow was mounted on the base of the dress form.
* The patterned paper (Basic Grey) was machine stitched with pink thread and then mounted onto a Rustic White Card Base.
* The Button Card Die was cut and stamped (sentiment - Postmarks; text - Background Basics: Postmarks; frame - Button Boutique)
* The paper doily is a circular one that I had in my stash. I wanted an oval one, so I cut it in half and then overlapped the edges. The position of the dress form actually covers the 'seam' fairly well. To add some contrast I mounted a piece of SU Certainly Celery card stock below the doily.
* The inside of the card was decorated with a variety of stamps: a single dash from Button Boutique to create faux stitching around the edge. The stitching and the sentiment (SS: Dress form) were both stamped with Raspberry Fizz ink.
* The little circle "frame" (Table Service) was the perfect size to outline the pincushion. (SU: Sew Suite)
Card Details: (PTI, unless noted)
Stamps - Postmarks, Background Basics: Postmarks, Button Boutique, Table Service; SU:Warm Words; Sew Suite
Inks - Autumn Rose, Raspberry Fizz, Fine Linen, Versamark; Close To My Heart: Garden Green
Papers - Rustic White; SU: Certainly Celery; Basic Grey: Sweet Threads
Dies - Signature Series: Dress form, Button Card die
Other - SU: Clear Embossing Powder; paper doily, Copic markers; pink beads, ribbon, Sukura Gelly Roll pens, sewing machine
Thanks for visiting today.Karen C.