My colour scheme was determined by the fabric that I chose for the puffy heart - red, white and light blue. Originally I was going to use a Confetti White card base and add the details on top of that. However, I had some difficulty using the Canvas Impression Plate, so I ended up cutting the impressed card stock and attaching it to the Pure Poppy card base.
* The sentiment (Love Lives Here) was stamped with Pure Poppy.
* A Heart Print Die was used to cut an opening in a 2.25" circle (Limitless Layers Circles) This circle was stamped with a leaf image from Just for You, using Bashful Blue ink. (Stampin'Up)
* Two pieces of white felt were cut slightly smaller than the heart and mounted under the checkered fabric scrap. This created the 'puffy' heart. A blue felt 'button' was cut from Button Up Die #2. A red heart brad was attached in the center.
* The focal image was attached to a Spring Rain Limitless Layers scalloped circle. Faux stitching was hand drawn around these edges using a blue marker.
* Nestabilities Label #11 was die cut and then stamped with Background Basics: Gingham using Pure Poppy ink. The edges were machine sewn.
* The main focal image was mounted onto the gingham background.
* The Hearts Border Die was used to cut two borders:
1. Pure Poppy border was cut in half (upper and lower) and positioned onto the gingham panel so that a mat was created for the blue hearts.
2. Spring Rain - border was embossed with SU Square Lattice Textured folder.
I had fun creating the inside of the card too!
* Confetti White card stock was used
* Edges were stitched with red thread
* A strip of square patches was added to the bottom of the card. This was created by stamping the gingham pattern (Pure Poppy) and the leaf design (Bashful Blue) on scraps of card stock and then using a 5/8" punch. Each square was edged with ink before being glued and then sewn into place.
Card Details (PTI, unless noted)
Stamps - Love Lives Here, Background Basics: Gingham, Just for You, Quilter's Sampler,
Mat Stack 3 Stamp Collection
Inks - Pure Poppy; SU: Bashful Blue
Paper - Spring Rain, Pure Poppy; SU: Confetti White
Dies - Limitless Layers 2.25" Circles, Heart Prints, Hearts Border Die, Button Up Die #2; Nestabilities Label #11
Other Supplies - Canvas Impression Plate; SU: Square Lattice Textured Impressions Embossing Folder; Zig Blue Jay marker; red heart brad; EK Success 5/8" square punch, corner rounder; From my Sewing Room - Sewing machine, red thread; blue & white felt; fabric scrap;
Thanks for visiting today!Karen C.