Welcome to my crafty blog... a "garden" of colourful cards, quilting, sewing projects, knitting...and what ever else happens along the way!!


Saturday, December 3, 2011

Wreath for All Seasons Birthday Wishes

Wreath for All Seasons is one of my favourite sets for birthday cards. I used a colour scheme of aqua, pink and 'seaweed' to create this card.

I started by creating an embossed front panel, using this technique  described by Betsy Veldman for Papertrey Ink's Make It Monday #38:  Brayer and Impression Plate Techniques.  After embossing the card front with the Vineyard Impression Plate I used a brayer to add the SU Pool Party ink. I was suprised how vibrant this looked when it was completed.

The wreath was stamped onto the scalloped die from Limitless Layers 1 3/4" dies and then layered on top of Mat Stack #3, Doily Details die and a Nestabilites Label #11 die. Pink, aqua (SU Pool Party) and a darker green/blue (Seaweed) colours were used for these layers. Two butterflies were added with a small pearl accent. The sentiment, from Tea for Two Additions was stamped onto the Mat Stack that was also stamped with an image from the Mat Stack #3 Collection.  The edge of the Confetti White card base was sponged with Vintage Touch Tea Dye Duo.

The inside of the card was stamped with the dandelion image from Botanical Silhouettes and a sentiment from Daydreamer.

Here's another version ... minus the  Seaweed Nestabilies mat and butterfly accents.  I thought it looked too light/pastel  for a December birthday, but now that I look at it again, I think I like it after all !!



Card Details:
Stamps: Card Front - Wreath for All Seasons,  Tea for Two Additions, Mat Stack #3 Collection
Card Interior -  DayDreamer, Botanical Silhouettes, 
Inks:  SU Pool Party; CTMH: Blush, Chocolate; PTI: Vintage Touch Tea Dye Duo
Papers:  SU Confetti White, Pool Party;  CTMH: Blush;  Core'dinations: Seaweed
Dies:  PTI: Mat Stack #3,  Doily Details,  Limitless Layers 1 3/4" Circles Collection; Nestabilities Label #11;  SU- Sizzix Beautiful Wings Embosslits.
Other Supplies:  PTI: Vineyard Impression Plate; brayer; Sakura Gelly Roll Glitter Pens: pink & clear; 
pink satin ribbon; pink mini pearls; corner rounder.

5 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

Very pretty! I love these colours together!

carol (krillsister) said...

gorgeous card. Great colors. I love all the elements you used on this card. Those butterflies are perfect. Love the inside as well.

Lorraine said...

Yay, it's my beautiful birthday card! I love it and it looks even more awesome in person! Thank you, Karen!

Jen Adcock said...

Pretty, pretty, pretty. Karen you have incorporated such wonderful elements in to this birthday card. Each layer is so lovely. I adore the color palette as well. Super special. Hope you're fantastic.

Stephanie said...

Karen.......These are just gorgeous! Love the ivy background done with the brayer. The colors you chose are wonderful and full of charm.