Welcome to my crafty blog... a "garden" of colourful cards, quilting, sewing projects, knitting...and what ever else happens along the way!!


Friday, December 9, 2011

Red or Blue Snowflakes?

Just a quick post today. 
I've been finishing up Christmas cards and letters so I can get them into the mail this week-end. I first saw Tammy's card  during Papertrey Ink's November Blog Hop and then Stephanie's interpretation of that card here

My first card uses all the same elements ... white card stock with red snowflakes and PTI's Quatrefoil Cover Plate. Tea for Two's label was die cut and then the corresponding stamp was selectively inked so that only the border is visible. Red brads were added on either side of the sentiment (from 2010 Holiday Tags) Finally, the label was added to the card with dimensionals.


The second card uses a combination of Rustic White card stock, light blue Quatrefoil Cover Plate, Close to My Heart Twilight (blue) snowflakes.


Thanks for visiting today.
Karen C.

5 comments:

carol (krillsister) said...

Two lovely cards. The blue one is very pretty. Soft & "snowlike" The snowflakes even appear "glittery" in the photo.

Lorraine said...

Oh Karen, these are so gorgeous! I love both the red and blue cards! I have yet to touch my quatrefoil cover plate - eek!

Mayol said...

Stunning cards! Gorgeous! Love the colors you used.

Jen Adcock said...

Love these cards too bits. In your ever so crafty hands I don't half mind either. Blue and red both work wonderfully here. Nice to see the T42 label as well. Don't see it nearly enough. Gorgeous work as always.

Michelle said...

Can't say I've ever seen red snowflakes, but these look so festive and Christmassy, it doesn't matter! :) So much stamping and time and patience and love you put in to your cards, Miss Karen!