Welcome to my crafty blog... a "garden" of colourful cards, quilting, sewing projects, knitting...and what ever else happens along the way!!


Saturday, June 4, 2011

New Car Congrats


This is a card I made for my son when he got his first 'brand new car'. 
It was such a thrill for him. 

Even though he didn't get a VW 'bug', I used this image from Clear Dollar Stamps.  Two co-ordinating papers create a background and a thin strip of Gingersnap card stock was added at the seam. The same card stock, along with a dark blue were used behind the sentiment panel.

The car keys and the car image were stamped, coloured, fussy cut and then added to the card with dimensionals. I used water colouring pencils to colour the image.  Hopefully, my copic collection will expand to include some additional blues, but I still like using my pencils sometimes too!!

Card Details:
Stamps: Clear Dollar Stamps Sometimes You're the Bug
Inks: Close to My Heart Black, Moonstruck
Papers: Blue and gingersnap card stock; patterned papers (from my stash)
Other Supplies: water colouring pencils, blue marker, SU ticket corner punch

Thanks for visiting!!
Karen C.

2 comments:

Lorraine said...

What a cool card for your son! That's a neat VW stamp - looks like a good size too! I have to try coloring with pencils one day!

Jill said...

Karen, I HAVE THIS STAMP TOO! Sorry to shout there, LOL, but I got so excited when I saw your card! I haven't used it in ages, and now I so want to get it out and color! Your blues are so "cool" (get it?), and I can't think of a more perfect card for the occasion!