Welcome to my crafty blog... a "garden" of colourful cards, quilting, sewing projects, knitting...and what ever else happens along the way!!


Friday, June 17, 2011

More Father's Day Cards

On the Green
My husband has finally been able to bring out his golf clubs and spend some time on the golf course. I thought this 'vintage' look card would be ideal for my eldest son to give to his dad for Father's Day, since both of them are golfers:


The Stampin'Up On the Green block was stamped onto PTI Stamper's Select White card stock with Memento Dark Chocolate ink and then a few of the areas were coloured with some green copic markers.

Papertrey Ink's Just the Ticket die and stamps were used to create the sentiment panel. Chocolate and Sweet Leaf inks were also used to add the
stars from Boy Basics: Out of this World and "DAD"  from Star Prints.


In order to achieve an aged look on the card, I inked up the Weathered background stamp from SU with PTI Vintage Touch Tea Dye Chamomile and stamped it over the golf and sentiment panels in both directions and then sponged the edges with Chamomile and Chai inks. Chocolate Baker's Twine
and two chocolate buttons were used to accent the card.
The edges of the dotted patterned paper were sponged with Vintage Tea
Dye Duo and then added to the 4 1/4" x4 1/4" Dark Chocolate card base.

I decided to add some details to the inside of the card, so started with some more of the patterned paper. On top of that I added a little note card that I made using the Spiral Notebook die. (I actually cut the bottom of the notebook die cut in order for it to fit on the square card - it's more visually appealing)
I stamped the paper with two images from Mini Scrapbook Series: Library Ledger in Dark Chocolate ink. I used the same method as above to 'distress' the paper before adding the sentiment from Fillable Frames #4. Finally I cut and stamped the little medallion from Ad Sense (it says Limited Edition)

Now that I have a wide variety of Papertrey stamps and dies I've been pulling out many sets at a time and experimenting with all the little details. This card was another 8 stamp set card!! (6 from Papertrey Ink!!) Hopefully I can get some cleaning and organizing done this week now that I've made yet another mess!!

Card Details:
Stamps: SU On the Green, Weathered Background block;  PTI Just the Ticket, Star Prints (DAD), Boy Basics: Out of this World (star);  Mini Scrapbook Series: Library Ledger; Fillable Frames #4; Ad Sense.
Inks: Close to My Sweet Leaf; Memento Rich Cocoa; PTI Vintage Touch Tea Dye Duo
Paper: PTI Stamper's Select White, Dark Chocolate; K & C Company Dots (brown & green)
Other Supplies: PTI Just the Ticket Die; Spiral Notebook Die; Ad Sense Die; Copic markers (G12, YG11); The Twinery Baker's Twine; dark chocolate buttons


DAD - One of a Kind


This was a really quick and simple card to make for my younger son to "give" his dad. He lives on the East Coast, but still likes it when I make a card that he can 'send' for Father's Day. (I just don't have to put it in the mail!!)

The patterned paper really acted as my inspiration for colour choices.
I used a light blue card stock and then stamped it with the same Weathered background stamp that I used above. (I've used this background stamp on all of my Fathe's Day cards this week!! I had forgotten about it until I was rummaging around in my stamp drawer. I am going to have to do that more often!!)

I chose a section of my decorative paper that had some appropriate words for the occasion and cut a rectangle, then mounted it onto a piece of chocolate card stock.  The three letters - DAD  - were stamped in chocolate and then carefully cut out before adhering them to the card front. A simple cream button with chocolate ribbon was added to one side and then a brown marker was used to create faux stitching around the edges.  Sometimes ... easy is the way to go!!

Card Details:
Stamps:  Anna Griffin for All Night Media: Elegant Engraving Alphabet;  SU Weathered Background
Inks: CTMH Chocolate, Moonstruck
Paper: Recollections blue and chocolate; Creating Keepsakes: One of a Kind (blue) 
Other Supplies:  cream button; 1/4" chocolate ribbon; brown marker


Thanks for visiting. Have a great week-end.
Karen C.

2 comments:

Lorraine said...

Karen, I love these, too! The colors, papers & stamps! You are so good w/ making masculine cards.

Anne B said...

These are superb masculine cards. Love the colour schemes and the twine is the perfect finishing touch :)