Welcome to my crafty blog... a "garden" of colourful cards, quilting, sewing projects, knitting...and what ever else happens along the way!!


Sunday, February 13, 2011

Love Lives Here Valentine

     I finally got a chance to finish this card  for my husband. I had one design in mind when I started, but as I sat at my desk, trying to complete my "vision", the design kept changing.  After lots of trial and error, this is the card that my DH will receive on February 14th. (He won't know that I started  with a totally different look - I covered up some of the oopsies quite well)

     I've had this "More to Adore" paper pack from Close to My Heart for several years - I just couldn't seem to cut into it. But I've decided it's time to take the plunge and actually start to use my "special" papers. The top of the card uses a small floral paper and the bottom has a striped design. The sentiment from PTI's Love Lives Here was stamped in Versa Mark and embossed with gold embossing powder. The saddle stitch ribbon was originally brown and white, but I coloured the white dashes with a pink copic marker.

     The focal point is a medallion made with one of the coordinating papers in a paisley pattern. I cut 2 of the Nestabilities inverted scallop circles and used instructions from Nichole Heady's blog to make a "Lazy Medallion". I also sponged the tips of the medallion with Chocolate ink. The circle/heart image  is from the set Love Lives Here. I mounted this on a circle of Hollyhock card stock, a parchment circle and finally a chocolate scalloped circle. The heart was coated with Crystal Effects and then added to the center of the circle. I added the little bow and pearl to accent the medallion. I also added three pink hearts on the right hand corner and several mini pink pearls randomly placed to highlight the tiny floral images. Additional brown mini pearls were placed on each of the scallops along the edge of the border. Since I didn't have the right colour for the minis, I used my copics to colour the tiny pink and brown pearls.


The inside of the card is stamped with one of my favourite sayings from this set and then a few hearts were added..... because it isn't Valentine's Day without a lot of hearts!!

Card Details:
Stamps:  PTI Love Lives Here
Inks: CTMH Blush, Hollyhock, Chocolate; VersaMark
Papers:  CTMH More To Adore pattern paper & card stock pack; PTI Stamper's Select White
Other Supplies: PTI  Love Lives Here dies, Heart Prints dies; Limitless Layers I die; Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder;  Sizzix Hearts #4 embossing folder;  Crystal Effects: Detail Gold embossing powder;  copic markers;  brown saddle stitch ribbon;  Kaisercraft Pink  & white pearls;  Nestabilities Inverted Scallop Cicles; circle punches.


Thanks for visiting. Have a great week-end.

8 comments:

Debbie Gaydos said...

Oh my goodness, this is GORGEOUS! I love how the medallion turned out. SO pretty! It's a beautiful card!

Chris said...

That medallion is gorgeous! I love the soft colors and the little pink and brown pearls are great!

Kara said...

gorgeous!! love that big medallion!

Eva said...

Love the edge on the medallion and the inside sentiment is awesome...such a perfect valentine.

Trees said...

Gorgeous! I love the colors and papers, and everything about it!

Lorraine said...

Oh Karen, I absolutely LOVE this! The colors, inking, gorgeous inverted scallop medallion and all the little details you put into it!

Unknown said...

LOVE this color combination! That medallion is just amazing.

Kelly said...

Gorgeous medallion, but I love how you colored in the stitches to the ribbon to personalize it!