Happy Valentine's Day!!
This is a quick post to share my very first chocolate bar cover/band for a Valentine's Day treat. I decided to try this after seeing so many decorated bars on Michelle's blog . Although I'm not totally happy with it, I did learn a few things that I will try the next time.
Here are a few things that I do like:
1. PTI's Wood Impression Plate - I used it on almost all of the papers. I can't stop using this!!
2. PTI's Love Lives Here - the little house image is so fun to work with and has so many options for stamping.
3. PTI's Mat Stack 3 - I like the way you can fit a circle matting in the top portion and still have lots of room for a sentiment at the bottom.
4. That cute little chocolate bow and the Spellbinder's Contemporary Hearts Pendant die - visions of chocolate candy - yummy!!
Things I would change:
1. The belly band should be wider - and lower, so the focal panel is centered on the candy bar.
2. My scalloped edges aren't even, so it looks kinda crooked!!3. The back of the bar was decorated too - I couldn't bring myself to include a picture. As the kids would say - It's one Hot Mess! So the next time - don't fiddle with the back!!
Thanks for visiting my corner of this blogging world.
Hope you all have a sweet day today.
I will be back later this week with a birthday card. Take care.