Welcome to my crafty blog... a "garden" of colourful cards, quilting, sewing projects, knitting...and what ever else happens along the way!!


Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Butterfly Wishes



Today I have a card and sewing project 
I made for my sister-in-law's birthday.

Bowl Cozy and Mini Placemat 
I used printed fabrics to make a 2 sets of bowl cozies
and mini place mats. I found a this tutorial for these on 
Pinterest and have made several sets for family members. 
They are a great solution for cooking your morning 
oatmeal in the microwave. No more problems when 
removing a hot steaming bowl from the microwave!!
I had extra material, so I used it to make 
two small place mats, 
just the right size for the bowl cozy.

I used the colour scheme from the bowl 
cozy fabric to create a birthday card.
The front panel was stamped with a 
variety of blue and green inks 
(Limeade Ice; Stampin' Up:Tempting Turquoise; 
Close To My Heart: Crystal Blue, Moonstruck Blue)
using Irresistibly Ikat.

Circle Scribbles die was cut from Limeade Ice,
then a butterfly (Butterfly Wishes) was die cut, stamped, 
coloured  and layered over the circle.
The sentiment (Wonderful Words: Birthday)  
was stamped onto a Double-ended Banner die 
and adhered to the card front.


Supplies (PTI unless noted)
Stamps -Irresistibly Ikat, Butterfly Dreams; Wonderful Words:Birthday, 
Stylish Sentiments: Birthday
Inks - Limeade Ice; Stampin' Up:Tempting Turquoise; Versamark;
Close To My Heart:Crystal Blue, Moonstruck Blue
Paper - Stamper's Select White, Limeade Ice
Dies - Circle Scribbles, Double Ended Banner die
Other - Copic markers; Clear Embossing powder; Embroidery floss; foam adhesive sheet

Thanks for visiting today.
Karen C.

No comments: