Welcome to my crafty blog... a "garden" of colourful cards, quilting, sewing projects, knitting...and what ever else happens along the way!!


Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Papertrey Ink: Stripe Challenge

Wow, this has been a busy time at Papertrey Ink
Each day of the Anniversary Celebrations has seen a card 
challenge issued and I've tried to play along with a few. 


Stripes were on the menu today and I cased  Nichole Heady's card (here) 
to create a gingham effect. She used two new cover plates to make masks 
and then sprayed a colour mist over the vertical and horizontal stripes.
 
I used a different method to create my stripes, and even though it took 
some time, I really like the effect. Each of my "stripes" are 3/8" wide. I placed 
washi tape on either side of the area that I wanted to colour and then used 
an ink blending tool with Aqua Mist ink.  After completing the vertical stripes, 
I used the same process to make the horizontal stripes.

Card Front and Card Base 
Stamper's Select White card stock;
Sewing Machine Stitching


Sentiment Panel
Limitless Layers: 2 1/4" Ovals; Stampers Select White Card stock;
The sentiment (Framed Out #1) was stamped with VersaMark ink and then 
Clear Embossing Powder was applied. The blending tool was used to add 
Berry Sorbet Ink. The sentiment really stands out against the coloured background.
Leaves
 Simply Chartreuse Felt; Heart-2-Heart Die
Button Flowers
 Coaster Board; Button-Up #2 Die Collection; Button Boutique;
Summer Sunrise, Berry Sorbet & Aqua Mist inks; foam tape; white embroidery floss

Other Details
Berry Sorbet Twill Tape Ribbon; Crochet Cotton

Thanks for visiting today.
Karen C.


No comments: