Welcome to my crafty blog... a "garden" of colourful cards, quilting, sewing projects, knitting...and what ever else happens along the way!!


Thursday, September 26, 2013

30th Birthday

My youngest son celebrated his 30th birthday this week. 
I can't believe that both my "kids" are in their 30's!! How does that happen?? 

Ian learned to surf when he was living in Halifax and now that he has moved back to Vancouver, he's continued to find some 'waves' on the west coast of Vancouver Island. I made a clean and simple card for him using Just Surfing (Stampin' Up) and a sentiment from Papertrey Ink: (Stylish Sentiments: Birthday).

Harvest  Gold + Summer Sunrise + Canyon Clay Surfboards

I found a Surfing Sticker in my craft room and wanted to incorporate it into a card. Framed Out #12 stamps/die were the perfect size to highlight Porky Pig!! The main sentiment and frame were stamped with Autumn Terracotta (Close To My Heart) and the small birthday sentiment was stamped with New Leaf ink.


Card Details (PTI, unless noted)
Stamps - Stylish Sentiments: Birthdays;  Just Surfing (Stampin' Up);
Inks - Harvest, Summer Sunrise, Canyon Clay, New Leaf;  Autumn Terracotta (CTMH)
Paper - Rustic Cream, Summer Sunrise
Dies - Framed Out #12; Linen Impression Plate

I made a tag to add to the birthday gift. 
Tag Front
Rustic Cream Card stock
Movers and Shakers Sentiments - Pure Poppy ink; 
Birthday Style confetti- Summer Sunrise, New Leaf, 
Simply Chartreuse, Blueberry Sky, Hawaiian Shores inks
Modern Numbers Die - Pure Poppy felt 
Tag Sale #1 Die

Tag Back
Birthday Style candles:
Pure Poppy, Harvest Gold, Summer Sunrise, New Leaf, 
Winter Wisteria, Blueberry Sky, Hawaiian Shores inks

Thanks for visiting today. 
Karen C.

3 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is wonderful, Karen! I love those surfboards!

Linda Nicholson said...

I love the card and the sweet tag that you made! So bright and cheerful!

Linda

Marybeth said...

Great birthday card for your son! Beautiful! Yes, how can we have children that are in their thirties! Just yesterday that was my age.