Welcome to my crafty blog... a "garden" of colourful cards, quilting, sewing projects, knitting...and what ever else happens along the way!!


Sunday, April 14, 2013

Oh Happy Day Butterflies



In  this post  I showed a card using Cover Plate: Circles and  Boy Basics: Rock On. After cutting the cover plate from Rustic White card stock, I used the circles for the card. This left me with the white frame, so I decided to do some experimenting.




I cut away some of the frame so I was left with a smaller section.
I originally stamped it with Text Style using Hibiscus Burst, but 
didn't like it and ended by sponging some Smokey Shadow ink 
over top to create additional texture. If you look closely, you 
might see some of the pink showing through in several places.

 

I cut the white card base (4 1/4" x 3 1/2" card) to fit the circle frame 
section and then mounted the framed panel onto the card base. 
I stamped a butterfly image (Butterfly Dreams) directly onto the 
white card base, centering them inside the circle frames. 

The butterfly was stamped with 16 different inks for an ombre effect. 
(see below for ink colours).  The top images/lightest colours (Hibiscus Burst, 
Lavender Moon, Spring Rain, Aqua Mist) were created by stamping off once.  

The antenna were added with Smokey Shadow ink

I cut one circle from white card stock and stamped it with the 
sentiment (Mini Blooms). To add an aged effect I over stamped 
the card front with Fine Linen ink and the Crackled Mini stamp. 
A Harvest Gold butterfly die was added to the sentiment circle.

I used another sentiment from Mini Blooms and 5 
ink colours to create a colourful interior: ENJOY your DAY!  
These sentiments lend themselves to a variety of celebrations ...
 anniversary, birthday, promotion, retirement or graduation.

Card Details  (PTI, unless noted)
Inks - Fine Line, Smokey Shadow.
Column #1:  Vineyard Berry (Close To My Heart) Autumn Rose, Hibiscus Burst..
Column #2:  Autumn Terracotta, Canyon Clay, Summer Sunrise, Harvest Gold.
Column #3:  Royal Velvet, Winter Wisteria, Lavender Moon.
Column #4:  Blueberry Sky, Indian Corn Blue, Spring Rain.
Column #5:  Twilight, Hawaiian Shores, Aqua Mist.
Stamps - Butterfly Dreams, Mini Blooms, Crackled Mini Stamp
Papers - Rustic White, Stamper's Select White, Harvest Gold
Dies - Cover Plate: Circles; Embosslits Beautiful Wings (Stampin Up)
Other Supplies - corner rounder;

Thanks for visiting today.
Karen C

5 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, wow, Karen! Wow!
This is so gorgeous, I love it! What a work of art!

Kara said...

so awesome!! love the ombre and the crackle!!

carol (krillsister) said...

Your experimenting paid off. This card is beautiful. Love the crackle look over those butterflies. The inside is great too. I like how you stamped the sentiment multiple times. i need to remember that.

Jen Adcock said...

Amazing! I love it when you experiment. So many happy accidents. ;-) Love the crackled effect with the colorful flutterbys. The Cover Plate has never looked so good. Just gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous. TFS.