Welcome to my crafty blog... a "garden" of colourful cards, quilting, sewing projects, knitting...and what ever else happens along the way!!


Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Workshop Birthday Cards

Several relatives have birthdays in January, but after the holidays I found that I  had little energy for card making. It was a great time to `shop`my card stash and these two cards seemed perfect for my niece and her daughter. (They live in New Zealand, so bright colours  and flowers are good choices for their "summer" birthdays!!).  Both cards were made at a workshop I attended at my local scrap booking store. All I had to do was finish off the interior sentiments!!

This is the card I used for Polly`s birthday - she just turned 2 !! 
* Turquoise textured Bazzill cardstock was used for the 6"x 6" card base. 
* It incorporates several mats (green and pink) along with two patterned fabric pieces, pink dotted ribbon, narrow turquoise ribbon and clear buttons. 
* The focal image (Swiss Pixie Heidi Among the Flowers - C.C. Designs) was coloured with copic markers. The birthday sentiment is from Close To My Heart.

Card Interior

I stamped sentiments from PTI`s Movers & Shakers Sentiments. I also added her age at the bottom near the fence.(Swiss Pixie Butterfly Fence - C.C. Designs stamp)

Kristin`s Card:

* This 6" x 6" card uses a olive green card base and layers of patterned paper and chocolate brown card stock. 
* The focal image (Emma - Lulu Collection: Stamping Bella) is paper pieced and mounted onto a scalloped brown mat. 
* Flowers from my stash were added with a brown brad in the center.

 Card Interior:
* The inside of the card was decorated with vines and flowers that I  drew 
with green and red markers.  
* Two flowers were cut from patterned paper with a circle punch and mounted 
onto red card stock on top right corner.  
* Flowers (Flower Fusion #1 & #3) were stamped on either side of  the sentiments  (Flower Fusion #1 & #9)

Thanks for visiting today.
Karen C.

No comments: