Welcome to my crafty blog... a "garden" of colourful cards, quilting, sewing projects, knitting...and what ever else happens along the way!!


Sunday, December 30, 2012

JOY

Here's a set of two cards that were inspired by this design I found while surfing Pinterest. I really like the traditional colours of red and green for Christmas and the detailed wreath created with punches, die cuts and an embossing folder.

Side by Side:
Although the cards use the same design, there are some alterations in the border dies that I used, the size of the wreaths and placement of the lettering. Can you see the differences here?

Card #1
The green border was cut with the dotted scallop border punch.(EK Success). 
The wreath was made by die cutting a piece of Pure Poppy card stock with Limitless Layers 1 3/4" Circles and then using a circle punch to cut out the center. (I found that the wreath appeared a little too thin, so I made an adjustment to my second card.)  

Card #2
The wreath was made in the same way as the card above, but I used a smaller circle punch for the center. This makes the wreath a little 'chunkier' looking.
I also tried my new Edgelits border die. I really like this version better as it has a softer, more lacy look.

After embossing the wreath Stickles were added in a variety of colours. 
A plaid ribbon bow was adhered to the bottom of the wreath. 
The white card stock panel was also embossed with Petals-a-Plenty embossing folder. The Pure Poppy card base was stamped in the matching ink using a small poinsettia image from Tag-Its #9

Block Alphabet Upper dies were used to cut "JOY" from green card stock and then adhered to the card front.

Inside: 
I carried the green border theme to the inside of the card by stamping a narrow vertical border (Waltzingmouse Stamps) on each side of the sentiment panel. Pure Poppy ink was used to stamp the sentiments (Holiday Wishes) and poinsettia image.

Card Details: (PTI unless noted)
Stamps - Holiday Wishes, Tag-Its #9; WMS:Nordic Christmas
Inks - Memento: Cottage Ivy
Paper - Pure Poppy, Stamper`s Select White; Green
Dies - Block Alphabet Upper Die collection; Limitless Layers 1 3/4"Circles
Other Supplies - EK Success Dotted Scallop Border punch, circle punch; SU Petals-a-Plenty Textured Impressions folder, Finishing Touches Edgelits die plaid ribbon; Stickles

Thanks for visiting today.
Karen C. 

1 comment:

Camilla said...

It is so pretty with the embossed background - I like it