Welcome to my crafty blog... a "garden" of colourful cards, quilting, sewing projects, knitting...and what ever else happens along the way!!


Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Celebrate the Season

I made a set of 8 cards that I described in a previous post here and still had some leftover papers and card stock, so I used them to make another Christmas card.  I  had cut and scored the card base incorrectly, but I decided to try a different card design so that I could use the bits and pieces.
(The card front is 1/2" smaller than the back of the card.) 
I used some of the Holly Jolly Doodlebug paper on the green card base, by attaching a panel to the front and a thin strip to the inside of the card base.


 The main focal image was created with a stamp from Holiday Tags 2010, mounted onto a red scalloped circle from Limitless Layers and then a green doily cut from one of the dies: Doily Details. Red rhinestones on the holly berries and the Pure Poppy Baker's Twine add some finishing details.

The sentiment panel was created with the Label Basics angled die and stamp and the sentiment from Holiday Tags 2010. Finally, I stamped the postage image from the Holiday Tags set.  

Red Stickles were added to the holly berries in the center of the postage image and along the bottom strip of the designer paper.

The inside of the card uses a sentiment from a Stamping'Up set; the holly image, from Tiny Treats: Christmas was coloured with red and green markers.

Card Details:
Stamps:   PTI: Hoilday Tags 2010; Label Basics; Tiny Treats: Christmas;  SU: Gifts of Christmas
Inks:   Close to My Heart: Cranberry;  Memento: Cottage Ivy & Tuxedo Black
Papers:   PTI Pure Poppy, Stamper's Select White;  Doodlebug Holly Jolly; Canson Veridian Green
Dies:   PTI: Doily Details Die Collection; Limitless Layers 1 3/4" Circles; Label Basics- Angled Dies
Other Details:  Kaisercraft red rhinestones;  PTI Pure Poppy Baker's Twine; red & green markers; red Stickles


Thanks for visiting today.
Karen C.

6 comments:

Anne B said...

Great idea to use up those scraps, Karen and I love how this turned out. Beautiful finishing on the inside too :)

Jen Adcock said...

Talk about holly heaven! Fabulous! I love using up scraps too. But it seems a bottomless task for me. Sigh. I must get back on the bandwagon. Love the limitless layers here too. Gorgeous card.

Joy said...

Super pretty and very festive Karen...

Lorraine said...

So pretty, Karen! Love the stamps, doily and pretty papers!

Rhonda said...

This is a great card Karen. Love all the different elements.

carol (krillsister) said...

Love how your card turned out. the inside is lovely too.