Welcome to my crafty blog... a "garden" of colourful cards, quilting, sewing projects, knitting...and what ever else happens along the way!!


Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Christmas Past - 2009

Sometimes you need to look back to see how far you've come!
Last December I decided to make a series of Christmas tags for my three 'boys'  (DH, 2 DS).  I had seen this idea on Heather Nichol's blog  (PTI designer) and  thought it was such a good idea. I liked how she personalized the tags by pre-stamping the names right on to the front of the tag.  I did not have copic markers, and only a few Christmas stamps, tools and accessories for card making.   So here is my first attempt at making Christmas tags!!

Christmas Tags 2009 -  Hope you enjoy my "walk down memory lane" !! 


 I used a Close To My Heart set - Merry Pursuits,  featuring four little mischievous elves. We love the Will Ferrell movie ELF so this seemed to be the perfect choice.
I stamped, cut, coloured and embellished three of the images to create unique tags.  It was fun to see all of the little elves on Christmas morning - a different elf for each one of my 'boys'.



Kevin is not a fan of winter, but he loves all things basketball - he still plays in a winter league and often goes to the gym just to shoot baskets!!   I added the basketball lines to one of the 'snowballs' and coloured it orange. He really liked his 'winter basketball elf' tags!



Ian has always been a 'mischevious' fellow - I thought this image would be fitting for him!!
As a child he loved to climb everything - he would build "houses" high in the trees. 
My husband built the boys a raised playhouse and as Ian got older he decided to install lights and a fan in the playhouse - he wired up  everything to a battery ! ( it was quite amazing for such a wee fellow) 



These are the tags for my husband - one set that I added to his gifts and one set that the boys used for their father's gifts. I used two different Nestabilities to die cut the card stock.

Finally, here is the Christmas card I made for my DH. I created the background paper by using a little 'wrapped present' stamp and colouring it in with markers and a silver glitter pen.


This year I have been busy creating some tags for Christmas gifts that I showed here and here .  With my new Papertrey Ink stamps, copic markers and lots of inspiration, my 2010 tags are such an improvement from last year. But.... you know, I think these Elf Tags will find their way onto a few parcels this year. I still put up some of the boy's elementary decorations each year  - memories of times gone by!!

I am still working on a few other projects and will be back to share again soon.  
Thanks for visiting.

2 comments:

Sue Plote said...

Very cute!! Great coloring!

Lorraine said...

Oh, Karen, I LOVE these! They are too cute and I love how you personalized them - esp the basketball - so clever!