Welcome to my crafty blog... a "garden" of colourful cards, quilting, sewing projects, knitting...and what ever else happens along the way!!


Thursday, August 19, 2010

Hot Air Balloons x 2

Everyday Button Bits

     One of the first sets that I got from Papertrey Ink was  Everyday Button Bits, because I liked the hot air balloons and the option of adding colourful buttons to all the images. Shortly after I received my order, the  Up, Up and Away set was introduced, and I knew I had to get that one as well - clouds, sunshine, balloons, dies  and lots of sayings - what's not to love!!  Here's my 'take' on these two sets!!

I sponged the background of the main image to create clouds in the sky and then used the Papertrey Ink rick rack die  to cut the "grass for the outside and the inside of the card


and then added more patterned paper and coloured circles on the inside for a bright and cheery look.

Stamps: PTI Everyday Button Bits
Paper: Recollections card stock & patterned paper
Other Supplies: circle punches; ticket corner punch; rick rack die; corner rounder; markers; buttons
Inks- CTMH




   
   This card uses all the elements from Up, Up and Away -  I  made it for a friend who retired from teaching in June. I used the Tin Types Impression Plate on the blue sky background and then added some glitter with a gel pen to each of the indented circles. It really adds a nice touch IRL. The background paper has a pastel plaid colour scheme, so I stamped the balloons in Garden Green and Crystal Blue inks from CTMH and Pixie Pink from Stampin'Up. I used my new dies to cut out the balloons and clouds. A glitter gel pen outlines the clouds with faux stitching. One of the clouds is popped up with dimensionals. The ribbon is from my stash, but the button is from PTI.


Matching Envelope



A small stamp was cut from a Sizzix  die- I added another balloon image and the "good times" sentiment from Mini Scrapbook Series:Tabs. The 5c and name are stamped from a CTMH set. Happy Retirement is from PTI Mega Mixed Messages.





 Stamps: PTI Up, Up & Away; Mini Scrapbook Tabs; Mega Mixed Messages
Paper: Recollections paper
Other Supplies: Tin Types Impression plate; PTI balloon &clouds dies; Sizzix stamp die; ribbon, PTI button;  glitter gel pen.
Inks- CTMH; Stampin'Up

8 comments:

Erica said...

I love the pastel card! The stamp you made is such a fun touch!

Dana said...

WOW! The bright cheerful colors on the first one are so happy! Love the LO too. And the second, pastel card is just beautiful. Simply awesome.

Kirsty said...

Both beautiful cards! Love the ric rac.

Sue Ann said...

SO FUN!!! Love all the colors!!!

Jill said...

Pretty! I like how you did one in primary colors and one in pastels, Karen! And what a cute matching envie! Welcome to the world of blogging (your world will never be the same, LOL!)!

Laurie said...

Super fun cards! I love the bright colors on the first one! The second one is my fave! Great job!

Kara said...

i love that little stamp you created!

Jen Carter said...

Love how you dotted the clouds! Super cute!!